Our client, a leading Local Zambian Organisation (NGO) with programs targeting malaria, child survival, HIV and reproductive health with work ranges from on the ground implementation of health services, and community programs to distribution of health care products and services to the most vulnerable populations, provides life-saving products, clinical services and behaviour change communications that empower the most vulnerable populations to lead healthier lives.
Our client seeks to recruit an experienced-dynamic individual for the position of Project Director, Department of Defense HIV/AIDS Prevention Program. The Project Director will be responsible for driving and coordinating the implementation of the Military Specific HIV/AIDS Prevention, Care, and Treatment Program for PEPFAR including Voluntary Male Medical Circumcision, HIV Testing Services, HIV Treatment, Viral Load Scale-up, Site Improvement through Monitoring System (SIMS), Data Monitoring, Data Quality components. The Director will work in close collaboration with the donor, Zambian Defense Force (ZDF), Leadership Team, partner organizations, Ministry of Health (MOH) and other stakeholders, to ensure achievement of the ambitious goals of preventing HIV through implementation of services in Zambia.
Job Title – PROJECT DIRECTOR
Station – LUSAKA
Reporting lines - THE COUNTRY REPRESENTATIVE
This position is contingent upon award from DOD. Zambian nationals are strongly encouraged to apply.
The key roles and responsibilities are but not limited to:
· Provide technical oversight, strategic direction and definition of project activities and financial management;
· Develop project strategies and manage implementation, research and monitor the evaluation systems.
· Provide leadership and technical oversight to the portfolio of activities, including but not limited to: overseeing development and monitoring of the project team’s budget.
· Oversee implementation of large scale HIV service delivery and training program
· Conceptualize/articulate ambitious, innovative HIV service delivery and demand creation strategies.
· Guide collaboration with local/international stakeholders including local VMMC Technical Working Group (TWG) and MOH.
· Serve as point of contact for relations with DOD and Zambia Defence Forces (ZDF).
· Represent the DOD Project in conferences and meetings.
· Provide overall vision and leadership for project team members.
· Develop and implement strategy in partnership with local partners for capacity development in project activities.
Qualifications, Experience and Core Competencies Required
· Medical Degree in a Clinical discipline with significant project management experience preferred.
· Masters in Public Health an added advantaged
· Health Professions Council of Zambia professional membership.
· A minimum of 10 years’ experience in the design and implementation of international HIV service delivery prevention, care and treatment programs and in senior leadership positions.
· Demonstrated strong technical knowledge and experience in the following areas: HIV testing services and linkage including index testing and HIV self-testing; HIV prevention services including VMMC and PrEP; HIV treatment, care, and adherence support for people living with HIV; viral load testing and suppression; PMTCT and support for pregnant and breastfeeding women living with HIV; tuberculosis (TB) testing, treatment, and prevention; laboratory systems strengthening and service delivery, and cohort recording and reporting
· Experience in managing multi-year PEPFAR funded projects preferred
· Experience in developing/managing project strategies, monitoring and evaluation.
· Experience managing a large team or department
· Demonstrated excellent written, presentation and oral communication skills.
· Experience in a role requiring collaboration with complex internal and external organizations, as well as a demonstrated ability to work with efficiency and diplomacy, particularly as part of a team effort.
· Proven track record of increasing responsibility to oversee all aspects of donor funded projects, including financial, human resource, compliance and quality assurance components with preference given to candidates with knowledge of USG rules and regulations.
· Previous experience working in Zambia with in depth understanding of the local health system and working with uniformed personnel in health service delivery preferred
· Excellent written and oral communication skills as well as strong public presentation skills, including the ability to represent the project to key stakeholders.
· Ability to travel locally and internationally.
· The successful candidate will be a leader with a proven ability to produce results
Other skills and attributes
· Coaching/mentoring skills
· Training and facilitation skills
· Change management skills
· Problem solving
· Negotiation skills
· Strategic management skills
· Team leadership skills
· Ability to develop long-term strategic plans for the project and further developing operational short and medium term plans
· Honesty, Integrity, Maintains confidentiality and should be Assertive & Resilient
Method of Application
If interested in the advertised position, send your recently updated CV to email@example.com clearly stating in the email subject line the position you are applying for. Closing Date is: 27th March, 2020. Contact us on +260 211 295 486 | +260 975 738 116. Only Shortlisted Candidates will be contacted.