Are you ambitious, a versatile reporter, thirsty for results and love interacting with people?
We are looking for an energetic, customer centered JOURNALIST/REPORTER with a compelling personality who can work in a newspaper production team in order to grow a newspaper. One who understands economic trends of companies and can translate them into business stories of interest. Must possess a YES I CAN! attitude and able to explore new opportunities.
KSM Management Consultants is looking to recruit a Business Reporter to perform the following functions:
- Assist the editor in managing the news diary on a weekly basis;
- Research, write and produce quality business stories within established timelines whilst adhering to weekly deadlines and working to a set target;
- Work with the marketing team to produce profiles for the newspaper’s clients;
- Assist in editing stories when required;
- Develop innovative ideas for writing business news;
- Stay updated with latest business news and events;
- Discuss and develop ideas to write strong and sophisticated stories to attract readers;
- Write breaking news and business stories in unique and interesting ways to increase readership;
- Write real and accurate stories so as to avoid any libel cases;
- Serve as photographer and videographer while gathering story elements;
- Build and maintain strong relationship with news contacts;
- Any other given specific assignments as may be assigned by the Editor.
Qualifications & Experience
· At least a degree in Media Studies, Journalism or Mass Communication.
· Minimum 3 years as a business reporter with a recognised newspaper
· Candidates with a diploma but with at least 8 years experience reporting on commerce, companies, business & industry will be considered.
· Ability to understand economic data, trends, company financial statements and interpret these into business stories of interest
· Versatile with an analytical mind
· Large network of sources in commerce, business and industry
· Wide knowledge of Zambian business and industry
· Able to work with minimum supervision
Method of Application
Register to apply through our website http://www.ksm.co.zm. Download our Recruitment App from Google Playstore: THE RECRUITER KSM or Send your CV in MS word format to firstname.lastname@example.org clearly stating in the email subject line the position you are applying for.