Our client, a leading Local Zambian Organisation (NGO) with programs targeting malaria, child survival, HIV and reproductive health with work ranges from on the ground implementation of health services, and community programs to distribution of health care products and services to the most vulnerable populations, provides life-saving products, clinical services and behaviour change communications that empower the most vulnerable populations to lead healthier lives is recruiting for the position of Senior Marketing Technical Advisor, Zambia Accessible Markets for Health (ZAM-Health)
The Senior Marketing Technical Advisor – (ZAM-Health) support the management, coordination and reporting of all activities under an anticipated $35-38m 5-year USAID-funded project in Zambia. The project will improve health outcomes for Zambians by increasing the use of essential health products and services among priority audiences through expanded availability and accessibility of quality health products and services in the private sector.
Senior Marketing Technical Advisor (Zam-Health) will lead private sector engagement and market development activities under the project. The Senior Marketing Technical Advisor will also work in collaboration with the ZAM-HEALTH management team with a focus on private sector engagement, including among other, identifying opportunities for Public Private Partnerships (PPP); developing and implementing a strategy for the development of markets (from the supply, demand and enabling environment sides) for multiple health products and services based on the results of the current and upcoming market assessments; analyzing the portfolio of health products and/or services and, in conjunction with commercial actors, develop a plan towards cost-recovery of certain products and/or services.
Qualifications, Experience and Core Competencies Required
- A Master’s degree in business administration, marketing, logistics, international development, or related field is desirable;
- Experience working with the private sector in Zambia and/or (Southern) Africa (at least 3 years’ experience);
- Recognized expertise (at least 8 years) in at least one of the following areas: pharmaceutical/health product distribution and marketing, health services marketing, connections with the Zambian private sector and varied sectoral/inter-professional groups, implementing development projects with the private sector, in particular health financing schemes and/or market development;
- Demonstrated success improving the effectiveness and efficiency of product and/or service delivery marketing in the private sector;
- Proven leadership and management skills, including relevant experience in direct supervision of professional staff;
- Outstanding oral and written communication skills in English and the ability to persuade through influence.
Other skills and attributes
- Excellent inter-personal and process-oriented skills;
- Ability to build capacity of individuals and teams at various levels within the organization;
- Experience building relationships with multiple stakeholders across all tiers of health systems (e.g. providers/clinical staff, Ministry of Health Officials, and other health intermediaries);
- Experience rolling out digital health solutions is a bonus and Developing country experience;
- English fluency and traceable References will be required.
Method of Application
If interested in the advertised position, send your recently updated CV to email@example.com clearly stating in the email subject line the position you are applying for. Contact us on +260 211 295 486. Only Shortlisted Candidates will be contacted.