What our clients say
KSM. Thanks for taking your time to network and empower HR practitioners without putting your monetary gain first. May God bless your works. May God take your consultancy to a different level.— Veronica Lumbo
You are doing an excellent job to the people. thumbs up— Kennedy
Are you ambitious, versatile, thirsty for results and love interacting with people?
Our client is looking for an energetic, enthusiastic goal getter with a compelling personality who can work in a versatile environment. Must possess a YES I CAN! attitude and able to explore new opportunities.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
· Implement the safety policies, guidelines and procedures as set out by the company.
· Guide line management in the planning and implementation of Safety, Health and Environmental management systems and ensuring compliance with all applicable legislation and legal requirements.
· Develop and maintain strategies to excel in the prevention of accidents and environmental pollution.
· Organization and maintenance of internal safety, health and environmental communication systems such as the formation of the Safety Committee and the departmental safety, health and environmental discussion groups.
· Implement suitable safety, health and environmental training programmes such as induction in liaison with the Human Resources Department.
· Conduct planned special and routine safety, health and environmental audits, assessments and inspections and ensures the involvement of target departments for best practice and compliance with standards, procedures and the law.
· Formulate the agenda and carry out local periodic reviews of the safety, health and environmental management systems with top management for continual improvement.
· Maintain the accident, hazard and environmental aspects registers together with all the other systems documents and ensure the internal reporting and investigation of incidents, accidents and environmental events to prevent recurrence.
· Report to the workers compensation all statutory reportable accidents in liaison with Human Resources.
· Process workers compensation claims in liaison with Human Resources and maintaining a record of such claims.
· Implement and periodically test an emergency preparedness plan and reporting on its performance.
Qualifications and experince
The ideal applicant should possess the following minimum qualifications and attributes: -
· Aged below 35 years.
· A degree in Environmental Health Sciences / Occupational Health and Safety or related qualification. Graduate traineeship an added advantage.
· Possession of OSHEMAC or NEBOSH or SAMTRAC certificate.
· At least 2 years’ experience preferably in a manufacturing or mining environment.
· Exceptional communication, interpersonal, problem solving, facilitation and organizing skills.
· Clean class 4 driver’s license
Reporting to the Group Human Resources Executive the incumbent will be responsible for the implementation of Safety, Health and Environmental policies, systems, procedures and standards to promote best practice and compliance with all applicable laws and regulations.
Method of Application