What our clients say
KSM. Thanks for taking your time to network and empower HR practitioners without putting your monetary gain first. May God bless your works. May God take your consultancy to a different level.— Veronica Lumbo
You are doing an excellent job to the people. thumbs up— Kennedy
Our client, a leading Local Zambian Organisation (NGO) with programs targeting malaria, child survival, HIV and reproductive health with work ranges from on the ground implementation of health services, and community programs to distribution of health care products and services to the most vulnerable populations, provides life-saving products, clinical services and behaviour change communications that empower the most vulnerable populations to lead healthier lives is recruiting for the position of Senior Technical Advisor, Private Sector Service Delivery, and Zambia Accessible Markets for Health.
The Senior Technical Advisor - Private Sector Service Delivery will design, set up and ensuring the day-to-day management of a social franchise to achieve health impact in Zambia. The candidate will also be actively involved in supporting the expansion of private sector service delivery outside the social franchise and across a wide range of health services (HIV, FP, Cervical Cancer, WASH, among others), leveraging partnerships with key stakeholders, including other non-profits, private sector service delivery players, and the Ministry of Health.
The key roles and responsibilities are but not limited to:
- Develop and implement the project’s social franchise strategy through the development of detailed guiding documents, as well as PSI/Global in-country and remote technical assistance;
- Collaborate with the M&E team to develop strategies to improve data collection on service delivery within the private sector;
- Coordinate with the Research team to conduct in depth consumer-based research to understand client needs and gaps in private sector service delivery in Zambia;
- Ensure effective Quality Assurance, Business Management, and Health Area integration within the franchise;
- Ensure quality health services are delivered through franchisees and non-franchised private providers by building and assuring clinical expertise;
- Assist in marketing strategy development of the franchise to generate demand for health services at the franchisee level, and build the brand equity of the franchise network;
- Coordinate consortium partners (international and national) supporting the franchise’s expansion;
- Coordinate with the wider ZAM-HEALTH team on integrated approaches to provider behavior change and social marketing, where there are overlaps;
- Ensure the franchise meets PSI Global Network Minimum Programmatic Standards;
- Facilitate public-private partnerships and collaboration where applicable;
- Monitor project spend against budgets and project deliverables against set indicators;
- Prepare detailed donor reports; and
- Prepare and implement detailed annual work plan
Qualifications, Experience and Core Competencies Required
- Master’s degree in relevant field (MPH, MSC, MBA, MSW) or equivalent experience. MBA is preferred;
- At least 5 years of work experience of managing a team in a developing country and project oversight experience;
- At least 8 years of demonstrated technical experience in managing, coordinating and monitoring health service delivery systems, including four (4) in the private sector (e.g., designing and managing social franchises); and
- Demonstrated experience developing and managing budgets as well as international donor compliance.
Other skills and attributes
- Excellent inter-personal and process-oriented skills;
- Ability to build capacity of individuals and teams at various levels within the organization;
- Experience building relationships with multiple stakeholders across all tiers of health systems (e.g. providers/clinical staff, Ministry of Health Officials, and other health intermediaries);
- Experience rolling out digital health solutions is a bonus and Developing country experience;
- English fluency and traceable References will be required.
Method of Application
If interested in the advertised position, send your recently updated CV to email@example.com clearly stating in the email subject line the position you are applying for. Contact us on +260 211 295 486. Only Shortlisted Candidates will be contacted.