What our clients say
KSM. Thanks for taking your time to network and empower HR practitioners without putting your monetary gain first. May God bless your works. May God take your consultancy to a different level.— Veronica Lumbo
You are doing an excellent job to the people. thumbs up— Kennedy
Are you able to ensure that financial operations are carried out in accordance with EU accounting principles?
Can you ensure stakeholder satisfaction as well as donor retention through reporting, liaison of financial information that is complete, accurate, relevant and reliable? If yes, then this is for you
Our Client, The Joint Country Programme (JCP) for Zambia, is a consortium of three international faith-based Non-Governmental Organisations comprising of Norwegian Church Aid, Dan Church Aid and Christian Aid. JCP works closely with a range of faith-based and secular partners in Zambia within two overall strategic priorities Gender Justice and Economic Justice.
NCA invites applications for Senior Finance Officer for a project called “From Trauma to Resilience: Reducing SGBV through Norm Change and Survivor increased Access to SGBV Care and Justice” to be stationed at a Project Office to be established in Mansa, Luapula Province, with prompt start-up.
The project Overall Objective is to contribute to reduction of Sexual Gender Based Violence (SGBV) in 12 districts of Luapula Province of Zambia with Specific Objectives being to prevent SGBV by challenging and changing beliefs, attitudes, and practices and to increase SGBV survivors’ access and use of comprehensive support services.
Norwegian Church Aid is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate anyone on the basis of race, disability, sex, religion, among others. Females are especially encouraged to apply for these positions. Norwegian Church Aid now seeks to recruit suitably qualified and experienced personnel as advertised below:
Station – Mansa
Reporting lines: Project Manager
Duties and Responsibilities
- Oversee and manage daily program-wide accounting and finance functions including timely recording of transactions, cash management, banking, payroll, inventory, receivables, and payables.
- Plan and implement systems for financial operations in the project office in accordance with the NCA Finance Manual and donor regulations; including systems for cash flow management, budgeting, consolidation of accounting information, internal controls, financial reporting, financial record-keeping, grant management and compliance.
- Train and supervise finance staff in the project.
- Maintain banking relations and plan and monitor project cash flow requirements to ensure the smooth implementation of projects.
- Prepare monthly standard accounting submissions to national office for review by the Project Manager and Finance and Administration Manger, including general ledger files, account reconciliations, expenditures by cost center/project, as well as other financial information in a timely and accurate manner.
- Prepare monthly management reports to the Project manager and Finance and Administration Manager and Program staff as required, including expenditures by cost center/project and other financial information, in a timely and accurate manner.
- Prepare financial reports, for review by the Finance and Administration Manager, to donors in line with donor requirements and templates.
- Assist in developing annual fiscal year budgets together with the Finance and Administration Manager.
- Continuously stay abreast with donor policies, procedures, rules and regulations; compile and update applicable local policies; train project staff in these policies.
- Ensure compliance with NCA financial policies and procedures.
Qualifications and Core Competencies Required
- A bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or any finance related degree and at 10 years’ experience
- Experience in grant accounting is required with a preference for EU and other government grant experience.
- International NGO is an advantage
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) or Chartered Accountant is desirable. Knowledge of computer related financial/accounting system and budgeting is necessary.
- Must be a good problem solver, analytical, creative, and innovative.
- Must have a good command of the English Language, both written and spoken and be professional.
- Cross-cultural sensitivity, flexible worldview and emotional maturity.
- Demonstrated capacity to function well in a team and contribute effectively to team efforts.
Method of Application
If interested in the advertised position, send your recently updated CV together with a cover letter to the email address below before 16th August, 2019.We are an Equal Opportunity Employer (EoE), however; qualified women are encouraged to apply. Kindly take Note: While we value all applications, we can only respond to short listed and successful candidates.
Send your CV in MS word format to email@example.com clearly stating in the email subject line the position you are applying for or Visit our website http://www.ksm.co.zm. Download our Recruitment App from Google Play store: THE RECRUITER KSM.