What our clients say
KSM. Thanks for taking your time to network and empower HR practitioners without putting your monetary gain first. May God bless your works. May God take your consultancy to a different level.— Veronica Lumbo
You are doing an excellent job to the people. thumbs up— Kennedy
Our client, one of the leading Hotels in Zambia, Holiday Inn is recruiting for the position of Sales Manager. The moment a guest steps into one of our hotels, they walk into a genuinely memorable experience. As Sales Manager you are responsible to develop and implement strategies to ensure revenue and room night sales are achieved, tactical plans are created, implemented and results monitored and achieved as well as being measurable. As a Sales Manager you are responsible to develop and foster business through pro-active direct sales, marketing, telemarketing, direct mail, appointment calls and tours of the hotel. You will also develop strategic action plans for hotels to drive measurable, incremental sales revenue. You are also responsible for identifying areas of opportunity in performance and recommend tools and sales training to optimize performance of sales team. Additionally, work with individual hotel teams to identify skill development areas and properly deploy sales and marketing resources.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage daily sales activities, site inspections, sales calls.
- Ensure the Hotel hits its monthly revenue targets and adheres to all relevant policies and procedures.
- Achieve and exceed all personal/hotel sales goals and maximise profitability.
- Assist in preparing the departmental budget and financial plans including the hotel marketing plan.
- Create and implement sales plans that drive measurable incremental occupancy, increase average rates, increase footfall, and increase food and beverage spend.
- Produce/Review monthly reports and sales forecasts to analyse current/potential market and sales trends, coordinate activities to increase revenue and market share and monitor performance to ensure actual sales meet or exceed established revenue plan.
- Develop and maintain great working relationships with key clients and outside contacts to increase revenue making opportunities
- Create and develop special events, and sales blitzes to showcase the property to potential clients. Attend relevant trade shows and major market events locally and as identified to source new business avenues and increase sales and marketing opportunities for the Hotel.
- Provide clients/potential clients with all relevant information pertaining to the Hotel and available facilities on site and in the surrounding areas, promote the loyalty program and its benefits. Communicate all relevant information regarding VIP’s, special requirements for arriving groups, individuals and key guests.
- Lead marketing efforts to up sell guests on Hotel services, offerings and amenities.
- Work closely with key business leaders, officials, and representatives of local community groups within the city to ensure we remain top of mind and the preferred Hotel when in Lusaka.
- Work with relevant stake holders/suppliers to maximise advertising investment and ensure ads represent the brand identity.
- Raise the awareness and reputation of the Hotel and brand locally – occasionally acting as Hotel representative for media related enquires.
- Responsible for Corporate and Travel Agent Room Sales for the hotel.
- Clear understanding of the hotels business strategies then set goals and to determine action plans to meet those goals.
- Update action plans and financial objectives quarterly.
- Implements all sales action plans related to my market areas as outlined in the marketing plan.
- Conducts daily sales calls and arrange site inspection trips to hotels by corporate clients.
- Able to provide Quick and timely responses, immediate communication to the properties, develop professional long-term business relationships.
- Provide the highest quality of service to the customer at all times.
- Able to support hotels service and relationship strategy, driving customer loyalty by delivering service excellence throughout each customer experience.
- Work closely with General/Resident Manager to ensure proposed rate negotiations meet the financial needs of the hotels.
- Develop strong relationships with on property front office team to ensure working in unity and always striving to achieve the same goals.
- Accompany sales team on sales calls to potential clients to assist in development of the account and to access the effectiveness and sales skills of the sales person.
- Assess additional training needs based on data gathered and interaction with sales team from property visits.
- Attending all department and hotel meetings as necessary.
- Targeting key accounts potential for the company.
- Builds and strengthens relationships with existing and new customers to enable future bookings. Activities include sales calls, entertainment, FAM trips, trade shows, etc.
- Acquiring and developing new business accounts and preparing sales proposals for clients.
- Closely following up on all business leads within a 24 hour response time line to clients.
- Stay one step ahead of guests’ needs – record and act on their preferences, and handle their messages, requests, questions and concerns
- Be a trusted contact for all guests. Help them with anything from bill issues to local knowledge, and loop in management when necessary
- Stay safe all the time. Following our safety procedures, you’ll report all incidents and wear any protective gear needed
- Take pride in your appearance and place as a brand ambassador
- Always know what events and activities are on the day’s/weeks/months schedule
- Jump into other ad-hoc duties when your colleagues need your help – in the Restaurant, Bar area, Deck or as directed/required by Management.
- Handle and communicate all complaints/feedback to relevant Manager on Duty effectively
Qualifications, Experience and Core Competencies Required
- Degree or higher in Sales and Marketing or any related field with over 7 years of experience in a similar role.
- Customer service: as your first in line to deal with all customer queries, compliments, complaints and general enquiries, you must be able to deal with people in a professional and calm a manner.
- We smile because we want too.
- Communication skills - guests will need to come to you with concerns as well as compliments, so you’ll be easy to talk to
- Your problem-solving skills will turn issues into opportunities so every guest leaves with great memories and ensures we are retained as their first choice when visiting Lusaka.
- Fluency in English and a local language - extra language skills would be great, but not essential
- Literate and tech-savvy - you’ll need a good grasp of reading, writing, basic math’s and computer literate.
- Flexibility - night, weekend and holiday shifts are all part of the job.
- You’ll have a high school diploma or qualification. A college or university degree would be a bonus, but not essential depending on relevant experience.
- Experience - ideally, you’ll have spent at least three years in a senior sales/marketing position
- Strength - sometimes you’ll need to lift, push and pull big objects up to 50lbs (23 kg). This can involve bending and kneeling
- Attention to detail, to maintain the standards and maintain a highly organized and clutter free Reception desk.
- In-depth knowledge of our specific industry a plus
- Service industry experience
- Excellent customer service skills
- Ability to consistently maintain positive client relationships
- Exceptional time-management and task-delegation skills
- Computer literate and proficient using Microsoft Suite
- Organized and detail-oriented
- Outstanding communicator both verbally and written
- Dynamic personality and strong leadership skills
Method of Application If interested in the advertised position, send your recently updated CV to firstname.lastname@example.org and clearly stating in the email subject line the position you are applying for. Closing Date is: 29th May, 2020. Contact us on +260 211 295 486. Only Shortlisted Candidates will be contacted.