What our clients say
KSM. Thanks for taking your time to network and empower HR practitioners without putting your monetary gain first. May God bless your works. May God take your consultancy to a different level.— Veronica Lumbo
You are doing an excellent job to the people. thumbs up— Kennedy
Our Client, The Joint Country Programme (JCP) for Zambia, is a consortium of three international faith-based Non-Governmental Organizations comprising of Norwegian Church Aid, Dan Church Aid and Christian Aid. JCP works closely with a range of faith-based and secular partners in Zambia within two overall strategic priorities Gender Justice and Economic Justice.
NCA invites applications for Senior Prevention and Advocacy Officer for a project called “From Trauma to Resilience: Reducing SGBV through Norm Change and Survivor increased Access to SGBV Care and Justice” to be stationed at a Project Office to be established in Mansa, Luapula Province, with prompt start-up.
The project Overall Objective is to contribute to reduction of Sexual Gender Based Violence (SGBV) in 12 districts of Luapula Province of Zambia with Specific Objectives being to prevent SGBV by challenging and changing beliefs, attitudes, and practices and to increase SGBV survivors’ access and use of comprehensive support services.
Norwegian Church Aid is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate anyone on the basis of race, disability, sex, religion, among others. Females are especially encouraged to apply for these positions. Norwegian Church Aid now seeks to recruit suitably qualified and experienced personnel as advertised below:
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide guidance and on-going support and technical assistance on the design, implementation and monitoring of all program areas for Prevention and Advocacy
- Build strategic alliances with other key actors internally and externally to advocate for gender-sensitive programming
- Facilitating coordination between Gender Task Force focal points and related departments in order to ensure tangible progress on implementation of gender policies and mainstreaming strategies
- Support formation of strong GBV survivor networks for youth, men and women and document best practices on economic strengthening activities as well as the impact on using men as agents of change in stamping out GBV
- Planning and implementation of awareness raising activities for various programme work and/or campaigns
- Liaising with media through BBC Media Action, and identifying interventions to capacitate them as champions against SGBV
- Liase with Lifeline /Child line on Advocacy issues and promotion of their Toll-free lines
- Establish and maintain effective relationships with journalists and maintain a media database.
- · Proficiency in design and publishing software.
Qualifications and Core Competencies Required
· Bachelor's Degree in Development Studies while Communications; Journalism; Public Relations or related field will be an added advantage
· At least five years’ work experience in similar environment
· Working knowledge in the NGO sector
· Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal skills.
· Good time management and organizational skills.
· Proficient in Microsoft Office, content management systems, and social media platforms
· At least 3 years’ experience in gender related work, and GBV in particular
Method of Application
If interested in the advertised position, send your recently updated CV to firstname.lastname@example.org clearly stating in the email subject line the position you are applying for. Closing Date is: 16th August 2019. For more details, call us on 0211 295486