What our clients say
KSM. Thanks for taking your time to network and empower HR practitioners without putting your monetary gain first. May God bless your works. May God take your consultancy to a different level.— Veronica Lumbo
You are doing an excellent job to the people. thumbs up— Kennedy
Our Client, The Joint Country Programme (JCP) for Zambia, is a consortium of three international faith-based Non-Governmental Organisations comprising of Norwegian Church Aid, Dan Church Aid and Christian Aid. JCP works closely with a range of faith-based and secular partners in Zambia within two overall strategic priorities Gender Justice and Economic Justice. NCA invites applications for Procurement and Logistics Officer for a project called “From Trauma to Resilience: Reducing SGBV through Norm Change and Survivor increased Access to SGBV Care and Justice” to be stationed at a Project Office to be established in Mansa, Luapula Province, with prompt start-up.
The project Overall Objective is to contribute to reduction of Sexual Gender Based Violence (SGBV) in 12 districts of Luapula Province of Zambia with Specific Objectives being to prevent SGBV by challenging and changing beliefs, attitudes, and practices and to increase SGBV survivors’ access and use of comprehensive support services.
Can you oversee the day to day logistical management and maintenance for project; vehicle fleet management, repair and servicing; supervision of drivers and general maintenance of project equipment and materials? Are you able to ensure that all major procurements including workshop venues, equipment and supplies are procured in line with NCA and EU stipulated guidelines? If yes, then this is for you.
Norwegian Church Aid is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate anyone on the basis of race, disability, sex, religion, among others. Females are especially encouraged to apply for these positions. Norwegian Church Aid now seeks to recruit suitably qualified and experienced personnel as advertised below:
Duties and Responsibilities
- Preparation, co-ordination and implementation of consolidated annual procurement plans and ensure user departments adhere to it in line with approved budgets;
- Formulate the Value for Money (VFM) framework to inform the organization procurement
- Preparation of Request for proposal documents
- Provide logistical support for project activities; including transport for client visits, events such as workshops, meetings, etc.
- Coordinate the receipt, opening and evaluation of quotations, tenders, or proposals for
- goods, services or works;
- Preparation and management of contracts in liaison with the project Manager and NCA Finance and Administration Manager for its legality and ensure proper authorization in accordance with NCA and EU policies;
- Ensuring user departments adhere to procurement plans in line with budgets;
- Carrying out market surveys, monitor and evaluate performance of the supply chain function
- Ensuring sound partnerships with suppliers and clients;
- Ensuring timely, efficient and effective procurement of goods, services and works, while strictly adhering to the procurement policy;
- Establishing in liaison with the relevant departments and end-users, quality specifications of goods and services required by NCA;
- Carrying out designated checks on quality and security aspects of procurement;
- Managing the annual supplier pre-qualification exercise;
- Managing the disposal of obsolete and disposable items with authorization from the Finance and Admin Manager.
- Secretary to the Bid Evaluation Committee; collate and present procurement documentation to the relevant Tender and Disposals Committees for adjudication and award; Prepare financial reports, for review by the Finance and Administration Manager, to donors in line with donor requirements and templates.
- Continuously stay abreast with donor policies, procedures, rules and regulations; compile and update applicable local policies; train project staff in these policies.
- Ensure compliance with NCA financial policies and procedures.
- Conduct himself/herself both professionally and personally in such a manner as to bring credit to Project
- Must be an honest and accountable person with resources
- Other duties as assigned.
- Good at negotiating, networking and dealing with numbers; Planning and Organizing Professional and Team player
Qualifications and Core Competencies Required
· A bachelor’s degree in Procurement and Logistics, Supply Chain Management or its equivalent from a recognized University.
· Must have three years’ experience from reputable organization and CSO will be an advantage
· Must be a good problem solver, analytical, creative, and innovative.
· Must have a good command of the English Language, both written and spoken.
· Demonstrated capacity to function well in a team and contribute effectively to team efforts
· Must be a member of Zambia Institutes of Purchasing and Supply (ZIPS)
Method of Application
If interested in the advertised position, send your recently updated CV together with a cover letter to the email address below before 16th August 2019.We are an Equal Opportunity Employer (EoE), however; qualified women are encouraged to apply. Kindly take Note: While we value all applications, we can only respond to short listed and successful candidates.
Send your CV in MS word format to email@example.com clearly stating in the email subject line the position you are applying for or Visit our website http://www.ksm.co.zm. Download our Recruitment App from Google Play store: THE RECRUITER KSM.