What our clients say
KSM. Thanks for taking your time to network and empower HR practitioners without putting your monetary gain first. May God bless your works. May God take your consultancy to a different level.— Veronica Lumbo
You are doing an excellent job to the people. thumbs up— Kennedy
Our Client, The Joint Country Programme (JCP) for Zambia, is a consortium of three international faith-based Non-Governmental Organisations comprising of Norwegian Church Aid, Dan Church Aid and Christian Aid. JCP works closely with a range of faith-based and secular partners in Zambia within two overall strategic priorities Gender Justice and Economic Justice.
NCA invites applications for Finance Officer for a project called “From Trauma to Resilience: Reducing SGBV through Norm Change and Survivor increased Access to SGBV Care and Justice” to be stationed at a Project Office to be established in Mansa, Luapula Province, with prompt start-up.
The project Overall Objective is to contribute to reduction of Sexual Gender Based Violence (SGBV) in 12 districts of Luapula Province of Zambia with Specific Objectives being to prevent SGBV by challenging and changing beliefs, attitudes, and practices and to increase SGBV survivors’ access and use of comprehensive support services.
Norwegian Church Aid is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate anyone on the basis of race, disability, sex, religion, among others. Females are especially encouraged to apply for these positions. Norwegian Church Aid now seeks to recruit suitably qualified and experienced personnel as advertised below:
Station – Mansa
Reporting Lines: Senior Finance Officer
Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for the project financials and ensure accurate and timely delivery of financial reports, including cash book management, payroll, ledgers and other aspects of local financial management.
- Responsible for entering financial information, timely month end close, and maintaining all financial records for the project.
- Prepare, examine, or analyse accounting records, financial statements, or other financial reports to assess accuracy, completeness, and conformance to reporting and procedural standards;
- Manage financial controls, analyse office and project budgets and assist on the planning activities;
- Support the Senior Finance Officer, in coordinating and facilitating all finance tasks;
- Prepare reports and communicate to the Senior Finance Officer as requested;
- Support co applicants through training and extensionist services in finance
- Support programmes team to ensure responsible and holistic financial management
- Any other duties assigned.
Qualifications and Core Competencies Required
- Education: A minimum of diploma in Accounting, Business management or Equivalent.
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) or Chartered Accountant is desirable. Knowledge of computer related financial/accounting system and budgeting is necessary.
- Knowledge of computerized accounting systems
- Must be a good problem solver, analytical, creative, and innovative.
- Must have a good command of the English Language, both written and spoken and be professional.
- Cross-cultural sensitivity, flexible worldview and emotional maturity.
- Demonstrated capacity to function well in a team and contribute effectively to team efforts.
- Work experience: Minimum 3 years’ relevant work experience in the sector.
- Exposure to and experience of the NGO sector is considered a plus.
- Competent in Microsoft Office applications particularly MS Excel and MS Access, Payroll Management, email and other relevant computer skills.
- Excellent references
Method of Application
If interested in the advertised position, send your recently updated CV together with a cover letter to the email address below before 16th August 2019.We are an Equal Opportunity Employer (EoE), however; qualified women are encouraged to apply. Kindly take Note: While we value all applications, we can only respond to short listed and successful candidates.