What our clients say
KSM. Thanks for taking your time to network and empower HR practitioners without putting your monetary gain first. May God bless your works. May God take your consultancy to a different level.— Veronica Lumbo
You are doing an excellent job to the people. thumbs up— Kennedy
Our Client, The Joint Country Programme (JCP) for Zambia, is a consortium of three international faith-based Non-Governmental Organisations comprising of Norwegian Church Aid, Dan Church Aid and Christian Aid. JCP works closely with a range of faith-based and secular partners in Zambia within two overall strategic priorities Gender Justice and Economic Justice.
NCA invites applications for District Coordinators for a project called “From Trauma to Resilience: Reducing SGBV through Norm Change and Survivor increased Access to SGBV Care and Justice” to be stationed at a Project Office to be established in Mansa, Luapula Province, with prompt start-up.
The project Overall Objective is to contribute to reduction of Sexual Gender Based Violence (SGBV) in 12 districts of Luapula Province of Zambia with Specific Objectives being to prevent SGBV by challenging and changing beliefs, attitudes, and practices and to increase SGBV survivors’ access and use of comprehensive support services.
Norwegian Church Aid is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate anyone on the basis of race, disability, sex, religion, among others. Females are especially encouraged to apply for these positions. Norwegian Church Aid now seeks to recruit suitably qualified and experienced personnel as advertised below:
Station – Luapula Province
Reporting lines - Senior Prevention and Advocacy Officer
Effective Date - September 2019
The role entails developing effective and inclusive protection mechanisms that promote a coherent, comprehensive and coordinated approach to SGBV at the field level, including prevention, care support recovery and perpetrator accountability. The District Coordinator will also Facilitate rapid implementation of SGBV programming including liaison and coordination with other clusters/organizations, training and sensitization, strategic planning, monitoring and evaluation.
Duties and Responsibilities
Planning, implementation and Reporting
- Lead the planning of district level trainings
- Support the planning and implementation of trainings for Co-Applicants
- Oversee the implementation of all project activities including One Stop Centre
- Support formation of strong GBV survivor networks for youth, men and women and document best practices on economic strengthening activities as well as the impact on using men as agents of change in stamping out GBV
- Consolidate and submit monthly, quarterly and annual district reports to the project manager
Coordination and supervision/Monitoring
- Conduct monitoring and supervisory visits Co-Applicants and partners under SGBV project
- Participate in district and community level SGBV meetings
- Participate in DDCC meeting
Organise and participate in Project Coordination meetings at district level
- In liaison with the Senor M&E and Compliance Officer, conduct quarterly Data Quality Assurance for the project
- Document best practices and lessons learnt from project interventions.
- Ensure all documents are filled properly electronically and physically in box files
- Identify new and emerging needs and optimize SGBV prevention and response by introducing quick wins and other approaches
- Coordinate the Paralegals and marriage counsellors’ activities
Qualifications: Education/Knowledge/Technical Skills and Experience
- Degree/Advanced Diploma in Development Studies, Social work or related field desired
- More than 3 years’ experience in NGO development programming and programme management
- Good planning and organizational skills and Computer and report writing skills
- Excellent presentation and communication skills and Strong analytical skills Knowledge in GBV
- Ability to work collaboratively as part of a team as well as independently as required
- Demonstrated ability to apply advocacy and negotiation skills within district and community setting
- Program management skills to deliver programs with partners and/or through direct assistance
- Riding a motor cycle will an added advantage
Working Environment: Work environment: 80% field based 20% Office-based
Method of Application